Re: Implement updated column in all tables

От Stephane Bortzmeyer
Тема Re: Implement updated column in all tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 04:25:31PM +0300,
 Andrus <noeetasoftspam@online.ee> wrote
 a message of 11 lines which said:

> I have the following column in all my tables which contains data of
> last update of this row:

Me too.

> I have about 100 tables and don't like to write 100 triggers.

I use a templating engine (Cheetah, http://www.cheetahtemplate.org/
but you are free to use cpp, m4, anything) to manage my SQL files, so
it is quite easy to create N triggers, no matter how large N is.

I do not know a pure PostgreSQL solution. Remember that the problem is
not obvious to solve in a general way. For instance, there are
typically fields for which you do not regard a SQL update as a "real"
(worthy of recording) update.