Re: 7.3.2 closing connections, sometimes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: 7.3.2 closing connections, sometimes
Дата
Re: 7.3.2 closing connections, sometimes  (felix@crowfix.com)
Список pgsql-general
felix@crowfix.com wrote:
> I hate to post as vague a description as this, but I don't think the
> devil is in the details this time.  I may be wrong ...
>
> This project is running 7.3.2 on a RedHat 9 system.  We plan to
> upgrade in a few weeks to Fedora Core and Postgres 8, so maybe this
> problem is not worth wasting too much time on, right now.
>
> This is a SOAP server, Apache with mod_perl, connecting to Postgres
> via DBI/DBD::Pg.  Sometimes it gets in a mood, for want of a better
> term, where a specific SQL statement fails with the good ole message
> "server closed the connection unexpectedly".  It will fail like this

This message is from the backend exiting abruptly.  Is isn't an "ERROR"
as we define it for logging purposes.  That's why there is nothing in
the logs.  I recommend turning on log_statement which prints before the
query is run.