Re: contrib/pgcrypto functions not IMMUTABLE?

От Russell Smith
Тема Re: contrib/pgcrypto functions not IMMUTABLE?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 03:32 pm, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> I've noticed that contrib/pgcrypto/pgcrypto.sql.in doesn't include
> a volatility category in its CREATE FUNCTION statements, so the
> functions are all created VOLATILE.  Shouldn't most of them be
> IMMUTABLE?  Or do the algorithms have side effects?  So far I've
> found no discussion about this except for one person asking about
> it last year:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2004-12/msg00065.php

I know the salt functions MUST stay volatile, as they produce different output
every time you call them.  I've not looked at the pgcrypto code, so I can't
make further comment than that.

Regards

Russell Smith.

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Autotools update
От: Michael Fuhr
Сообщение: Re: contrib/pgcrypto functions not IMMUTABLE?