faking writable views as tables

От Enrico Weigelt
Тема faking writable views as tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi folks,

I'm using several writable views (-> update & insert rules)
and got trouble with pgadmin - it refuses to insert/edit
values since it sees the table as a view and believes views
are never writable.

So i've just set the reltype in pg_class to 'r'. The frontends
now see it as a writeble table again, but when dropping the
table, i've got a warning, that some file (seems to be
<oid-of-schema>/<oid-of-table>) could not be deleted.
Is this the table storage file, which simply doesn't exist
on views ?

Are my changes to pg_class dangerous in any way ?

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service
  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact@metux.de
  Realtime Forex/Stock Exchange trading powered by postgresSQL :))
                                            http://www.fxignal.net/