Re: using 'zoneinfo' to manipulate dates ...

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: using 'zoneinfo' to manipulate dates ...
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 12:24:53AM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Does anyone have a 'table of timezones' that could be used to "localize"
> as part of a query?
>
> For instance, something like:
>
> SELECT date
>   FROM table
>  WHERE ( time || ' ' || ( SELECT timezone
>                             FROM zones
>                            WHERE id = table.timezone )) = '2004-12-12';

You can do this very easily in CVS tip.  I assume you want something like
this:

alvherre=# show timezone;    TimeZone
------------------America/Santiago
(1 fila)

alvherre=# select '00:00:00 GMT'::timetz  at time zone 'Chile/EasterIsland'; timezone
-------------18:00:00-06
(1 fila)

alvherre=# select '00:00:00 GMT'::timetz  at time zone 'Chile/Continental'; timezone
(1 fila)

Not sure if that helps you any.  I think you could build a table using
this and the fact that "postmaster -d3" prints the whole table of known
timezones.  (You could extract that bit from the zic files as well.)

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]surnet.cl>)
"Hay quien adquiere la mala costumbre de ser infeliz" (M. A. Evans)

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: