Re: Open items

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Open items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Saturday 25 June 2005 23:24, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Here are the open items.  Feature freeze is Friday, July 1.

>                                PostgreSQL 8.1 Open Items
>                                =========================
>
> Current version at http://candle.pha.pa.us/cgi-bin/pgopenitems.
>
> Changes
> -------
> integrated auto-vacuum (Alvaro)
> ICU locale patch?
> Win32 signal handling patch (Magnus)
> KRB4 removal patch (Magnus)
> GIST concurrency fixes? (Oleg)
> Roles? (Stephen Frost)
> convert plperl arrays to pg arrays? (Andrew Dunstan)
> plperl validator function? (Andrew Dunstan)
> column-level triggers (Greg)
> interval improvements (Michael Glaesemann)
> move rtree_gist into core?
> config file I/O?
> terminate backend fix?
> dbsize functions from /contrib?
> fix pg_autovacuum O(n^2) behavior
> remove wal siblings guc vars?
> COPY performance improvements

Where does the rest of the "contrib roundup" fit into this picture?  Is it
simply agreed that we will deal with them as outlined in Josh's and Tom's
email, or does that have to be *before* feature freeze if it is to be done in
8.1?

On a somewhat relative note, I was looking at fulltextindex earlier this week,
and had thoughts to move it to pgfoundry along with some documentation from
techdocs. However after discussing with ChrisKL, we both seem to reach a
conclusion that really that is deprecated code and should be deprecated in
favor of tsearch2. That being the case does anyone think we should still move
it?

--
Robert Treat