Re: PostgreSQL Certification

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Certification
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 08:42:00AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> >>Regarding question 3,
> >>
> >> Select one incorrect statement regarding the installation of PostgreSQL.
> >>
> >>2  2. At least 60MB of free disk space is required for compilation.

> Number 2 is
> also confusing because am I compiling ALL of PostgreSQL? I just did a
> check and it took 63 megs just to unpack it, let alone compile it.

The current source CVS tree (after bison, flex etc) takes 122 MB.
143 MB for the compiled tree (object files), and 63 MB for the installed
tree (after initdb).

8.0 is smaller AFAICS, but I don't have the compiled tree.

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]surnet.cl>)
"Vivir y dejar de vivir son soluciones imaginarias.