Re: plpgsql and schema

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: plpgsql and schema
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 06:50:40PM +0200, Roberto Pellagatti wrote:

> The problem is that i get always the number of  rows from the table in
> the schema that was current when I created the function.

PL/pgSQL caches its query plans, so subsequent calls to the function
use the plan created on the first call.  You can avoid this plan
caching by using EXECUTE.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/plpgsql-statements.html#PLPGSQL-STATEMENTS-EXECUTING-DYN

Note what the documentation says about not being able to get the
result of an EXECUTE query directly.  A couple of workarounds are
mentioned.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/