Re: Querying 19million records very slowly

От Tobias Brox
Тема Re: Querying 19million records very slowly
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
[Kjell Tore Fossbakk - Wed at 07:41:54AM -0700]
> I cant get the config file to load into my postgres. that's the
> problem. I want to set it to 10k, but it is only still at 1000... I
> save the file and restart the service..
>
> yes, i ment 'pg_ctl reload', sry about that one.

Classical problem, a bit depending on the distro you are using.

The "master" file usually resides in /etc/postgresql while the actual file
used usually resides in /var/lib/postgres/data ... or something.  Some
distros copies over the file (such that one always should edit the file in
/etc) others don't (thus you either have to do that your self, or edit the
file in the database data directory.

--
Tobias Brox, +86-13521622905
Nordicbet, IT dept