Escape handling in strings

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Escape handling in strings
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have received very few replies to my suggestion that we implement E''
for escaped strings, so eventually, after a few major releases, we can
have '' treat backslashes literally like the SQL standard requires.

I assume this is because most people say, "yea, it is going to be a pain,
and yea, we should probably do it".

A summary of the plan is at:

    http://candle.pha.pa.us/cgi-bin/pgescape

Therefore, I will soon apply the escape patch at:

    ftp://candle.pha.pa.us/pub/postgresql/mypatches/escape

I will also backpatch the E'' syntax and read-only GUC variables to
earlier releases.