Re: Schedule for 8.1 feature freeze

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Schedule for 8.1 feature freeze
Дата
Re: Schedule for 8.1 feature freeze  (Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr>)
Список pgsql-hackers
* Bruce Momjian (pgman@candle.pha.pa.us) wrote:
> We have addressed all the open issues for 8.1 except for auto-vacuum,
> which Alvaro is working on, so I think we are ready for a feature freeze
> on July 1.

Bruce,
 I'd really like to see role support added into 8.1.  I've sent Alvaro and Tom versions of the patch in the past and I
wasplanning on submitting it to -patches soon.  There's a few remaining issue but I don't think they'll take very long
toclean up; I've just been unfortunately pretty busy lately.  I'm hopeful that I'll be able to spend some time on it
thisweek and next week to hopefully address at least the remaining issues on my list.

 Lookups need to do multi-level role resolution (for owner and other   ACL areas)   (Not very hard, and mostly isolated
tothe acl code) Need to implement per-backend role-member cacheing   (Not very hard, basically same kind of way
pg_namespacedoes    schema_path) Support 'grant <role> to <role>'   (Shouldn't be too difficult, mainly just parser
work)Support 'with admin option'   (Somewhat difficult, but not necessary for the same functionality we    have today)
Support'granted by'   (Not very hard, just parser work really) Fix other parsers (ecpg, etc) based on updates to
backend/parser.  (Worked on this some already, should be done real soon now) Distinguish 'create role' permissions from
'superuser'?  (Not sure if this makes sense)

 Modify \du, \dg to use new tables   (They work already using the backwards-compat views, just would be    nice to
updatethem to the new schema). ? Add \dr, \dm   (Should be easy and would be nice I think, though perhaps not
required)
 Add documentation for CREATE ROLE/etc Document new system catalogs (pg_authid, pg_auth_members)   (Documentation
updates)
 There are views for pg_shadow/pg_group and things seem to be happy with them.  CREATE USER/CREATE GROUP work
more-or-lessas expected. An interesting side-effect is that if you do 'create group' and then look in the 'group' table
youdon't see the group till you actually put users in it.  Not entirely sure if anything actually depends on that (You
can,after all, still grant rights to the role which was created by CREATE GROUP, and do ALTER GROUP on it, etc).

Thanks,
    Stephen

Сообщение: Re: query plan ignoring check constraints
Сообщение: Re: query plan ignoring check constraints