Re: External (asynchronous) notifications of database updates

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: External (asynchronous) notifications of database updates
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 08:35:46PM +0200, Milan Krcmar wrote:
> > > I don't know how the various replication tools solve this - do you?
> >
> > Not sure; maybe some of the people who work on such tools can
> > comment.
>
> Still an unresolved issue. Those replication tools must have existed
> before the LISTEN/NOTIFY mechanism has been introduced to PG. Have they?

I don't know the history of the replication tools, but the Release
Notes for Postgres95 0.03 from ten years ago mention LISTEN/NOTIFY:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/release-0-03.html

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/