Re: Returning Composite Types from C functions

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Returning Composite Types from C functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 09:18:34PM +1000, John Hansen wrote:

> SELECT ('1:2:3:4:5'::text::my_type).*;
>
> This results in the text_to_my_type(text) function being called no less
> than 5 times. Once for each element.
>
> Is this the desired behaviour, or a bug?

It's a known behavior with functions that return composite types.
Apparently it's not easy to fix:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-04/msg00971.php

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

От: "John Hansen"
Сообщение: Returning Composite Types from C functions