Could not open service manager

От Danny Gaethofs
Тема Could not open service manager
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dear all,

I have a problem with registering a postgreSQL Server
on windows. I am using PostgreSQL 8.0 on windows xp.

I created a second database cluster using
C:\ProgramFiles\PostgreSQL\8.0\bin>initdb -D
--locale=C E:\DataFiles\PostgreSQL\
8.0\dbc-2

Now I try to register the server in the windows
services.

C:\ProgramFiles\PostgreSQL\8.0\bin>pg_ctl register -N
"PostgreSQL Hipergate Serv
er" -U ".\postgres" -P "postgres17free" -w -D
"E:/DataFiles/PostgreSQL/8.0/dbc-2" -l serverlog -o
"-p 5433"

I get the message "could not open service manager"

Note I opened a cmd.exe session as postgres user.

Can anyone help me out here?

regards,
Danny