changing the sequence for a table

От Cedric BRINER
Тема changing the sequence for a table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
hi,

let me explain what I have done, and what I'd like to do with a small example:

create table test (id serial, nom varchar(32));
INSERT INTO test ("nom") values ('cedric');
INSERT INTO test ("nom") values ('felix');
INSERT INTO test ("nom") values ('julien');

create table new_test (id serial, nom varchar(32));
insert into new_test SELECT * from test;

ALTER TABLE test RENAME to old_test;
ALTER TABLE new_test RENAME to test;

SELECT * from test_id_seq;
SELECT * from new_test_id_seq;
we can see that the two last select doesn't give the same value.

the idea is to drop the ``old_test'' table. But before doing this, I'd like to alter the table ``test'' to use the
sequence``test_id_seq'' instead of ``test_new_seq_id''?

can I do this ???
please tell me yes, but after all the me how ! : )

Ced.
--

Cedric BRINER