Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add BETWEEN SYMMETRIC.

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add BETWEEN SYMMETRIC.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> With this Bruce, is there any reason this was accepted now, and not
> several years ago when I first submitted it? :D

Uh, I wasn't around then.  (No, that isn't going to work.)  Uh, no idea.
I think there is a sense now that doing BETWEEN in gram.y isn't so bad
because the optimizer can deal with the AND conditation better than
perhaps it could in the past, but that is total guess.

> Also, you can update our SQL99 compatibility list to indicate that we
> now have this feature :)

Done.

Pennsylvania19073