Re: Assistance required for PlanetPostgreSQL.org design

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Assistance required for PlanetPostgreSQL.org design
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Monday 13 June 2005 22:12, Michael Glaesemann wrote:
> On Jun 14, 2005, at 9:55 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> >> I'm not that excited about that -- The Foundation site and main
> >> web site are now similar. Also bizgres one. I think we should be
> >> different, keeping the color scheme of PostgreSQL.org.
> >
> > I think staying similar to the PostgreSQL.Org site would be a good
> > thing. You don't have to use the same colors (like bizgres) but a
> > similar layout and fonts just adds the community feel.
>
> I agree with Josh, here. Having a design that's similar to the
> www.postgresql.org site strengthens the apparent presence of
> PostgreSQL on the web. With many different designs, people may wonder
> if it's at all related to www.postgresql.org. Granted, it's a
> different domain, but the people involved are active members are
> actively involved in the PostgreSQL community, and that can be
> visually reinforced with a similar design.

Eh, I could go either way on this.  Keeping similar colors and fonts with a
different layout should pull it together close enough, and there is something
to be said for keeping some distance, so people don't get the idea that these
posts are official opinions of the project itself.   Of course the real
deciding factor will be who steps up to do it first. :-)

--
Robert Treat

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Assistance required for PlanetPostgreSQL.org design
Сообщение: Re: Assistance required for PlanetPostgreSQL.org design