Re: creating WITH HOLD cursors using SPI

От Abhijit Menon-Sen
Тема Re: creating WITH HOLD cursors using SPI
Дата
Re: creating WITH HOLD cursors using SPI  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
At 2005-06-12 14:54:47 +0530, ams@oryx.com wrote:

> The idea is to have spi_query call SPI_prepare/SPI_open_cursor, and have
> an spi_fetchrow that calls SPI_cursor_fetch. It works well enough, but I
> don't know how to reproduce spi_exec_query's error handling (it runs the
> SPI_execute in a subtransaction).

One possibility would be to make plperl_call_handler create the internal
subtransaction, so that all of the perl code runs inside it. But I'm not
sure if that would actually work, especially if one of the SPI functions
failed. But I can't think of what else to do, either.

Thoughts?

-- ams