Re: psql: \x and slash commands

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: psql: \x and slash commands
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 09 June 2005 22:03, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> > Someone commented to me recently that they usually use psql's \x
> > "expanded output" mode, but find that it produces pretty illegible
> > results for psql slash commands such as \d. I can't really see a reason
> > you would _want_ "expanded output" mode for the result sets of psql
> > slash commands. Would anyone object to changing \x to not affect that
> > way that the result sets of slash commands are printed?
>
> I have complained about that a few times before, but for some
> unbeknownst reason people thought that having totally messed up table
> displays was a feature, not a bug :)

If have found that \x on and \df+ can often produce nice results (especially
with a lot of \n in the function definitions.)  I'm more neutral toward other
other things (\d on a table is kind of ugly, but \dv isnt so bad), but
wouldn't want to have to choose which ones some people would like and which
ones they wouldn't

--
Robert Treat

Сообщение: Re: The Contrib Roundup (long)
Сообщение: Re: The Contrib Roundup (long)