Re: Daily DBT-3 (DSS) Results on CVS head

От Mark Wong
Тема Re: Daily DBT-3 (DSS) Results on CVS head
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 19:17:58 +0900
Junji TERAMOTO <teramoto.junji@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

> Hello Mark,
>
> Mark Wong wrote:
> >      http://developer.osdl.org/markw/postgrescvs/
>
> This site includes "Profile Report". It's very interesting and useful!
>
> Then, I compared result of 5/29 with the result of 5/30.
>
>          new-order transactions per minute
> 20050529 1779.41
> 20050530 2320.41
>
> And I looked Profile Report, Top 20 by Tick.
>
> http://khack.osdl.org/stp/302458/profile/Framework_Close-tick.top20
> http://khack.osdl.org/stp/302468/profile/Framework_Close-tick.top20

It looks like the 20050530 run might be bogus.  If we look at the top of
the page here:
http://khack.osdl.org/stp/302468/results/0/

The number of rollbacks are way too high.  There should only be 1% for
New Order only.  I should to refer to the specification to see if I
should be counting those rolled back transaction.  My intuition tells me
I've made a mistake in doing so. ;)  What you were seeing in the
profiles are mostly a side effect of that.  The database had crashed so
all the transactions were failing right away.  We can see that here:
http://khack.osdl.org/stp/302468/results/0/db/log

Mark