Re: deadlocks in multiple-triggers environment

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: deadlocks in multiple-triggers environment
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 04:26:44PM +0200, Csaba Nagy wrote:
> [snip]
> > Do say, are there foreign keys on those tables?
> >
> > If there are, that may explain the deadlocks.  This is a known problem,
> > fixed in the development version, for which there is no complete
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Wow, that's a good news :-)
> Time to drop that nasty patch we're using...
> I'm not on the developers list, I guess it was discussed there, I'm
> curios what kind of solution it is ? A special foreign key thing or row
> level shared locks were implemented ?

Shared row locks.  It'd be nice if you could give them a try to get some
feedback ... (we are a couple of months from beta though)

The development group is always looking for ways to annoy users by
forcing them to upgrade to newer versions ;-)

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]surnet.cl>)
Bob [Floyd] used to say that he was planning to get a Ph.D. by the "green