Re: pg_config --configure ...

От Brett Schwarz
Тема Re: pg_config --configure ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I usually just look at config.log, and copy and
paste...but I am guessing you are trying to automate
this. Looks like pg_config adds '' around each option
when specifying --configure (i.e. '--with-libraries'),
at least on my system (Linux, PG803). You can try to
get rid of the ''. This seems to work on my system:

./configure `pg_config --configure | tr "'" " "`

I'm not a shell guru by any means, so there might be a
better way...

--- "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> wrote:

> How are ppl using this?  I'm trying to use it to
> re-configure, having
> tried both tcsh and bash, and neither seem to
> 'work':
>
> # ./configure `pg_config --configure`
> configure: error: invalid variable name:
> '--with-libraries
>
> So, is there another way I can use the output from
> pg_config to pass to
> configure?
>
> Thanks ...
>
> ----
> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking
> Services (http://www.hub.org)
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy
>           ICQ: 7615664

> TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the
> unregister command
> majordomo@postgresql.org)

--brett

Discover Yahoo!