Re: Are you actively hacking on 2PC?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Are you actively hacking on 2PC?
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 07:00:48PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl> writes:
> > Tom, please let me know if you want to hack on it, if that's the case
> > I'll stop my cleanup and start to work on supporting the things that
> > need further coding, which are AFAICS MultiXactId, large objects and
> > notifies.
>
> Well, I am just finishing up the multixact XLOG rewrite, so I was about
> to pester you as to where you are on this.
>
> I would like to start doing something with it --- how can we best avoid
> stepping on each others' toes?

Please use the patch I posted yesterday as starting point -- I'll work
on missing features.  Just don't touch notify.c nor large object support
files...

I reworked the iterator routines for procarray.c and disaster ensued --
but I'm not sure if that uncovered previous bugs or just introduced some
semantic change I'm not seeing.  If you rewrite the whole stuff my
changes will prove useless, but I don't want to slow you down if it's a
bug of mine.

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]surnet.cl>)
"Those who use electric razors are infidels destined to burn in hell while