Re: RESET CONNECTION behavior

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: RESET CONNECTION behavior
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Can we get a list features we want for RESET CONNECTION?  At this point,
> I see ideas but no consistent approach.  Some say protocol only, others
> say an SQL command is fine, but the protocol has to find out it happened
> somehow.  Is that a plan?

I have enhanced our TODO for this item:* Add RESET CONNECTION command to reset all session state  This would include
resettingof all variables (RESET ALL), dropping of  temporary tables, removing any NOTIFYs, cursors, open transactions,
prepared queries, currval()s, etc.  This could be used  for connection  pooling.  We could also change RESET ALL to
havethis functionality.  The difficult of this features is allowing RESET ALL to not affect  changes made by the
interfacedriver for its internal use.  One idea is  for this to be a protocol-only feature.  Another approach is to
notify the protocol when a RESET CONNECTION command is used.

Pennsylvania19073