Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres

От: Michael Fuhr
Тема: Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Amit V Shah, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Amit V Shah, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  ("Joel Fradkin", )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
   Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Philip Hallstrom, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Amit V Shah, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (PFC, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  ( (), )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Bill Ewing, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Christopher Kings-Lynne, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (PFC, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Jeffrey Tenny, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Tobias Brox, )
   Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Michael Fuhr, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Amit V Shah, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Alvaro Herrera, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Rod Taylor, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (PFC, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Amit V Shah, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Christopher Browne, )
   Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Ron Mayer, )
    Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (PFC, )
   Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Jan Wieck, )
    Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  ("Joel Fradkin", )
     Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (PFC, )
      Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Enrico Weigelt, )
       Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Mark Lewis, )
        Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Moises Alberto Lindo Gutarra, )

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 08:25:08PM +0300, Tobias Brox wrote:
> [Jeffrey Tenny - Mon at 11:51:22AM -0400]
> > There are some pitfalls to pgsql though, especially for existing SQL
> > code using MAX and some other things which can really be blindsided
> > (performance-wise) by pgsql if you don't use the workarounds.
>
> Yes, I discovered that - "select max(num_attr)" does a full table scan even
> if the figure can be found easily through an index.

PostgreSQL 8.1 will be able to use indexes for MIN and MAX.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2005-04/msg00163.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2005-04/msg00168.php

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Сообщение: Re: Postgresql on an AMD64 machine
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql on an AMD64 machine