Re: adding columns with defaults is not implemented

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: adding columns with defaults is not implemented
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 16:57:14 -0400,
  Douglas McNaught <doug@mcnaught.org> wrote:

> A serial column is basically just syntactic sugar for the above, so
> you're not losing anything.

In recent versions of postgres, I do think you lose something. I don't
believe the dependency will get tracked as it would for a serial
column (though this is really a bug that should eventually get fixed).
pg_get_serial_sequence will probably not work as well.