Re: More graceful handling of invalid log_*_stats conf in 7.4

От Martin Pitt
Тема Re: More graceful handling of invalid log_*_stats conf in 7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi!

Tom Lane [2005-06-02 11:46 -0400]:
> Martin Pitt <martin@piware.de> writes:
> > I found out that activating
>=20
> > log_parser_stats =3D true
> > log_planner_stats =3D true
> > log_executor_stats =3D true
> > log_statement_stats =3D true
>=20
> > in postgresql.conf leads to this bug
>=20
> This is another manifestation of the 7.4 problem with trying to test
> superuser-ness at inappropriate times.  We eventually gave up on the
> entire concept of "USERLIMIT" variables.  I don't think there is any
> reasonably practical patch to fix it in 7.4, sorry ...

Ok. To save other people the headache, I will add such a test to
the Debian/Ubuntu distribution scripts, which has the same effect in
the end and is easy to do.

Thanks and have a nice day,

Martin

--=20