Re: [GENERAL] index row size 2728 exceeds btree maximum, 27

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: [GENERAL] index row size 2728 exceeds btree maximum, 27
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 14:08:54 +0200,
  KÖPFERL Robert <robert.koepferl@sonorys.at> wrote:
> To me it seems that the definer of this table missed the concept index ...
> or the concept database
> One usually looks up data using a key, but if the whole row is the key, what
> data shall be looked up.

You sometimes do want to make a whole role a key to avoid duplicate keys.
A common case is when you use a table to connect two other tables with
a many to many relation.

It would be rare to want to do that with large text values though.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: index row size 2728 exceeds btree maximum, 2713
Сообщение: Re: index row size 2728 exceeds btree maximum, 2713