Re: NOLOGGING option, or ?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: NOLOGGING option, or ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 12:30:01AM -0400, Alon Goldshuv wrote:

> before that, let me just clarify that the performance improvements in
> the patch have nothing to do with the escaping mechanizm. Escapes
> could change. The performance gain in due to a buffered processing
> with minimal line/attribute buffer loads.

May I suggest you present them as separate issues and separate patches?
This way, a patch with the performance improvements is very likely to
get merged; simultaneously we can discuss changes to the escaping
mechanism until everyone agrees (or not) and then produce a patch as
appropiate.

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]surnet.cl>)
Este mail se entrega garantizadamente 100% libre de sarcasmo.