Re: interval integer comparison

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: interval integer comparison
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 01:54:12 +0200,
  Havasvölgyi Ottó <h.otto@freemail.hu> wrote:
> Thank you Tom.
>
> It was a bit confusing because my WHERE clause looked something like this:
>
> ... WHERE date_field - current_date < '21 days'::interval;
>
> And then I got records, whose with date_field's year was 2010. :-o
> Now I am using this formula:
>
> ... WHERE date_field < current_date + '21 days'::interval;

If date_field and current_date are realy of type date (and not say
some timestamp varient), then you should use:
... WHERE date_field < current_date + 21

What you used above may have unexpected results near a daylight savings
time change as the data will be promoted to timestamps to do the
comparison.