Re: TIP 9: the planner will ignore... & datatypes

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: TIP 9: the planner will ignore... & datatypes
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 11:45:06AM +0200, Marc Mamin wrote:

> But INT2, INT4, INT8 and "SERIAL" are considered to be a unique datatype.
> Am I Right?

No, they weren't when this tip was written.  As of 8.0 however this tip
is no longer the complete truth; we do allow cross-type index scans.

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]surnet.cl>)
"I suspect most samba developers are already technically insane...