Re: CREATE TEMP TABLE AS SELECT/ GET DIAGNOSTICS ROW_COUNT

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: CREATE TEMP TABLE AS SELECT/ GET DIAGNOSTICS ROW_COUNT
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I found a discussion of this issue from December, 2004:

    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2004-12/msg00070.php

The discussion trailed off with the idea that because no rows were
returned to the function, the row_count should be zero, but then there
was some discussion that FOUND was then inconsistent.

Anyway, perhaps we should read through this and make a final
determination.

MLikharev@micropat.com wrote:
> Hello,
> I was not able to find any traces from the previous discussion trend,
> but I believe that finished when I replaced GET DIAGNOSTIC with SELECT  COUNT().
>
> Perfectly fine workaround, but more I look at that more I see why GET DIAGNOSTIC was so convenient not to mentioned
thatSELECT COUNT() is not a fastest