Postgres under Windows

От Danny Gaethofs
Тема Postgres under Windows
Дата
Re: Postgres under Windows  (John DeSoi <desoi@pgedit.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Dear all,

I need some help to get postgres working under
windows.

I installed postgress using the .msi

I am able to start the pgadminiii and start the
database server with no problems.

Now I try to create a database as explained in the
documentation:

createdb mydb

The systems asks for a password and when I enter the
password it comes back with:

could not connect to database template1: FATAL:
password authentication failed for user "xxx"

At first I thought that because the user xxx (which is
not the postgres user) did not exist the error was
given. So I went to pgadminiii and created the user
"xxx" and gave him rights to create a database. But
still the error remains.

After that I made some changes to the pg_hba.conf file
and changed the method
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32   md5

INTO
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32   trust

But this does not help either.

Why am I not able to connect to the database
template1?

regards,
Danny