Re: maintenance_work_mem upper limit =1gb??

От Himanshu Baweja
Тема Re: maintenance_work_mem upper limit =1gb??
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane writes:
>Himanshu Baweja writes:
>> why has been maintenance_work_mem and work_mem been
>> restricted to 1gb...
>So as not to overflow on 32-bit machines.
then why not add a check during configure(before compiling) to check if its a 32 or 64 bit machine.... in the past we have seen servers like DEC and Sun... which although 32 bit used to support much more memory.... although i can just give suggestion... its upto u to see whts good and whts not...
by the way i have started to like postgres.. it really roks... thx to all the developers :)

Regards
Himanshu