Re: plpython error since upgrading from 7.x to 8.x

От CSN
Тема Re: plpython error since upgrading from 7.x to 8.x
Дата
Список pgsql-general
It happens when I try to insert rows:

insert into table1 (col1, col2, col3) values (val1,
val2, val3);

I have an insert/update trigger on that table, and the
plpythonu function just sends a notification email.
Here's the function:

if TD["new"]["active"] != TD["old"]["active"]:

    import smtplib
    import string

    fromaddr = "admin@mydomain.com"
    toaddr  = "admin@yourdomain.com"

    if TD["new"]["active"] == 1:

        msg = "From: %s\r\nTo: %s\r\nSubject:
Approved\r\n\r\n" % (fromaddr, toaddr)

        msg = msg + """Greetings,
"""

    else:
        msg = "From: %s\r\nTo: %s\r\nSubject: New
Record\r\n\r\n" % (fromaddr, toaddr)

        msg = msg + """Greetings,
"""

    server = smtplib.SMTP("localhost")
    server.set_debuglevel(1)
    server.sendmail(fromaddr, toaddr, msg)
    server.quit()

#####################

I also recently switched to Dbmail, so maybe that
caused a problem (but mail works fine with everything
else).

CSN

--- Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> wrote:
> On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 02:04:22AM -0700, CSN wrote:
> >
> > I had a plpythonu function that worked in 7.x but
> > since upgrading to 8.x it's giving this error:
> >
> > ERROR:  plpython: function "notify" failed
> > DETAIL:  exceptions.TypeError: unsubscriptable
> object
>
> Could you post a simple, self-contained example that
> exhibits this
> problem?  Debugging would be easier if we could see
> what you're doing.
>
> --
> Michael Fuhr
> http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/