Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres

От Philip Hallstrom
Тема Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
>> Thanks for the prompt reply !! Actually migration is inevitable. We have a
>> totally messed up schema, not normalized and stuff like that. So the goal
>> of
>> the migration is to get a new and better normalized schema. That part is
>> done already. Now the decision point is, should we go with postgres or
>> mysql.

Coming in a little late, but you might find these links interesting... not
sure how up to date and/or accurate they are, but might give you some
things to look into.

http://sql-info.de/mysql/gotchas.html
http://sql-info.de/postgresql/postgres-gotchas.html