reporting solution for postgresql

От Dino Vliet
Тема reporting solution for postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi folks,

Maybe a little bit off topic, but I want to convince
my managers of the value of opensource products and
decided that I will reverse engineer the datawarehouse
at my company. We are a small player and our
datawarehouse solution is based on an ETL tool from
Informatica, Oracle and Business Objects.

I have already written the most ETL defenitions in
Ruby. So I will manage to get the data in the
postgresql database, in a star schema.

However, to convince management I need a slick,
opensource reporting tool to show the reports that
already have been defined in Business Objects. Or I
should try to use Business Objects through ODBC.

Can anyone tell me about his/her findings in a similar
approach?
What decent but opensource Query tools exist today
which can support this architecture (web based OR a
client-server), where the clients MUST be windows 2000
because that's what they use at the office.

Thanks in advance and hope I will get some good
feedback (as I always do from this excellent list)

Brgds
Dino