Re: UPDATE with JOIN

От Keith Worthington
Тема Re: UPDATE with JOIN
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Tue, 24 May 2005 14:26:21 -0400, Tom Lane wrote
> "Keith Worthington" <keithw@narrowpathinc.com> writes:
> > UPDATE tbl_line_item
> >    SET tbl_line_item.reviewed = TRUE
> >   FROM tbl_item
> >     ON ( tbl_line_item.item_id = tbl_item.id )
> >  WHERE item_type = 'DIR';
>
> Of course that's not valid JOIN syntax (no JOIN keyword, and no
> place to put it either).  You have to use the WHERE clause:
>
> UPDATE tbl_line_item
>    SET tbl_line_item.reviewed = TRUE
>   FROM tbl_item
>  WHERE tbl_line_item.item_id = tbl_item.id
>        AND item_type = 'DIR';
>
>             regards, tom lane

Thanks Tom

I couldn't figure out how to do the JOIN part of that statement.  Using your
instruction all I had left to do was drop the qualification off the SET column
and it worked.  :-)  Thanks again.

UPDATE tbl_line_item
   SET reviewed = TRUE
  FROM tbl_item
 WHERE tbl_line_item.item_id = tbl_item.id
   AND item_type = 'DIR';

Kind Regards,
Keith