Re: numeric precision when raising one numeric to another.

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: numeric precision when raising one numeric to another.
Дата
Re: numeric precision when raising one numeric to another.  ("Florian G. Pflug" <fgp@phlo.org>)
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 20 May 2005, John D. Burger wrote:

> I find all these statements about the near-uselessness of
> NUMERIC^NUMERIC to be pretty amazing.  It's fine to say, "no one seems
> to be asking for this, so we haven't implemented it yet", but, c'mon,
> folks, Postgres gets used for more than "business cases".

If people don't see the use of a function they aren't going to implement
it.  In addition, there is a small, but non-zero cost to adding a
function/operator to the system (in the cost to maintain it at the very
least) and if the general belief is that the function or operator is
useless or nearly useless then it simply may not be worth adding.