Re: Starting the Database

От Vyom A
Тема Re: Starting the Database
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I tried this also, but nothing is logged (the file is not created at all)

The command is as follows:
D:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0\bin>runas /user:vyom "pg_ctl.exe -l D:\pglog.
txt start -D D:\data"
Enter password for vyom:
Attempting to start "pg_ctl.exe -l D:\pglog.txt start -D D:\data" as user "vyom"...

Then a window comes and disappears, how can I make out what is happening?

John DeSoi <desoi@pgedit.com> wrote:

On May 13, 2005, at 1:27 AM, Vyom A wrote:

> I tried those options, a DOS window suddenly appears and disappers, I
> cant even see what are the error messages, but still the database not
> starting!
> Any other way to check the problem?

Include the logfile option (-l) in the parameters to pg_ctl. The
logfile should tell you why the server is not starting.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend