PREPARE TRANSACTION and friends, separate node?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема PREPARE TRANSACTION and friends, separate node?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hackers,

I'm looking at the grammar modifications for the 2PC patch, and I am
wondering if we should leave PREPARE TRANSACTION in the same parser/
UtilityStmt node TransactionStmt or should use a different parser node,
say PrepTransactionStmt.

Using a different parser node seems to leave a gram.c file that's 1.5 kb
smaller.  However it means we need to create new copyfuncs and
equalfuncs functions; and to double a couple of checks:

(IsA(TransactionStmt, node) ||
IsA(PrepTransactionStmt, node))

However it doesn't seem to me this is too big a drawback.

What do people think?  Is this important at all?

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]surnet.cl>)
"On the other flipper, one wrong move and we're Fatal Exceptions"