Changing column data type on an existing table

От Joe Audette
Тема Changing column data type on an existing table
Дата
Re: Changing column data type on an existing table  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Re: Changing column data type on an existing table  (Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I have an app that I released with a particular field
as varchar 255.

Can someone give me a script example I can use to make
an upgrade script to change it to text or at least to
larger varchar without losing existing data?

I support 3 different dbs in my app, Postgre is the
newest and least familiar to me but I am trying to
learn.

Any help much appreciated.

Joe Audette

joe_audette [at] yahoo dotcom