Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load

От: Steinar H. Gunderson
Тема: Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Mischa Sandberg, )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Donald Courtney, )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Cosimo Streppone, )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Matthew T. O'Connor", )
   Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Thomas F. O'Connell", )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Anjan Dave", )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Donald Courtney, )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Vivek Khera, )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Steve Poe, )

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 03:52:38PM +0300, Mindaugas Riauba wrote:
>   Tables are not big (20000-150000 rows each) but have very high
> turnover rate - 100+ updates/inserts/deletes/selects per second.
> So contents of database changes very fast. Problem is that when
> pg_autovacuum does vacuum those changes slows down too much.
> And we keep autovacuum quite aggressive (-v 1000 -V 0.5 -a 1000
> -A 0.1 -s 10) to not bloat database and to avoid bigger impact.
> analyze seems not to impact performance too much.

Are you using the bgwriter?
See http://developer.postgresql.org/~wieck/vacuum_cost/ for details.

/* Steinar */
--