Re: how to calculate checkpoint_segments

От Himanshu Baweja
Тема Re: how to calculate checkpoint_segments
Дата
Список pgsql-general
i think there is a bug in the checkpoint warning system.....
i had set =>
checkpoint_timeout  =  2000
checkpoint_warning =  2100
checkpoint_segments = 256 (for 1st run) and 64 (for 2nd run)

now i ran my test application.... my Wal-logs in PGDATA/pg_xlog increased by around 1.9 GB while in my log file there were only two warnings.... so i re-run the test application this time turned the archive on... the archive logs generated were also of around 2 GB..... but this time i had just one warning in my log file.....

now theoritically it should give me a warning each-time a checkpoint occurs.... but i am getting just one....

am i missing something or there is a problem....
....... and is there any other way by which i can check how frequently my database is checkpointing....

Regards
Himanshu