Re: Partitioning / Clustering

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Partitioning / Clustering
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Ross,

> Memcached is a PG memory store, I gather,

Nope.  It's a hyperfast resident-in-memory hash that allows you to stash stuff
like user session information and even materialized query set results.
Thanks to SeanC, we even have a plugin, pgmemcached.

> but...what is squid, lighttpd?
> anything directly PG-related?

No.   These are all related to making the web server do more.   The idea is
NOT to hit the database every time you have to serve up a web page, and
possibly not to hit the web server either.  For example, you can use squid 3
for "reverse" caching in front of your web server, and serve far more page
views than you could with Apache alone.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus