Re: Loading a list of SQL scripts with relative paths

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Loading a list of SQL scripts with relative paths
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michael Glaesemann wrote:
> This works well, but I think I'll have to change all of the paths
> when I move the group of scripts to the production server to load
> them. What I'd like to do is be able to use paths relative to the
> file that contains the \i commands. This doesn't seem to work when
> using \i.

The paths are, as you probably found out, relative to the current
working directory.  Since the path of the current script is not exposed
as a variable or something like that in psql, I don't think you can do
any computations within psql to achieve what you want.  Others may have
ideas how you can organize your scripts differently, though.

--
Peter Eisentraut