Re: PostGreSQL -> SQL server

От David Fetter
Тема Re: PostGreSQL -> SQL server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 10:13:12AM -0700, Jonathan Lam wrote:
> HI all,
>
> I am new to PostGreSQL and I need some help.  We received a database
> in PostGreSQL from another group within the company, and we are
> planning to use ERWIN to Forward/Engineer it into a SQL Server
> because one of our tool can only use SQL Server.  Don't know if
> anyone had done this kind of conversion before and if you have ran
> into any problems.

Once you've created your schema on the Microsoft SQL Server side, you
can use DBI-Link to move data between PostgreSQL and SQL Server.

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/dbi-link/

Should you need to change that data and hand it back in PostgreSQL
form, you will be able to do it easily.

Is there someplace we can find out how SPAWAR or the Navy in general
is using PostgreSQL for non-classified projects?

Cheers,
phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!