Re: Slony v. DBMirror

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Slony v. DBMirror
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 05:42:38PM +0100, Peter Wilson wrote:
> I got the lack of schema changes from the Slony documentation.

This seems odd.  I see Brad already told you what to look for; but
putting schema changes in through slonik was _always_ part of the
design.  What's always been true (and what will forever remain so, by
design) is that you can't simply issue ALTER TABLE "n" commands on the
origin for table "n".

> FYI DBmirror with Postgres version 8 also replicates sequences.

Oh, this is interesting.  Glad to hear it.  Can it guarantee that a
sequence won't "roll back" in some really bad case, if you fail over
to the target?  Figuring out how to do that was one of Jan's homework
projects, IIRC. ;-)

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
I remember when computers were frustrating because they *did* exactly what
you told them to.  That actually seems sort of quaint now.
        --J.D. Baldwin