Re: Adventures in Quest for GUI RAD

От Shelby Cain
Тема Re: Adventures in Quest for GUI RAD
Дата
Список pgsql-general
--- typing80wpm@aol.com wrote:

> I was pleased with the progress I could make with Visual Basic and
> Postgresql, as well as what I could do through MS Access.  But it
> would be so nice to have something that paints screens quickly and
> allows one to develop things fast.  Powerbuilder was nice when I
> tried it some years ago.  I suppose if I do go to all the trouble to

I curious as to the limitations you are running up against where Visual
Basic (I'm assuming pre-.NET) and MS Access not RAD oriented enough for
you?

Have you tried SharpDevelop (free IDE for VB.Net and C#) + the free
.NET SDK from Microsoft?

> I realize that Tony Caduto may possibly encourage me to buy Delphi.

I remember the Borland of old that offered extraordinarily powerful
tools at a reasonable price.  Unfortunately, they are not the same
company they used to be.

Regards,

Shelby Cain

Discover Yahoo!