Re: Cursor problem

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Cursor problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 05:58:11AM -0700, Vidya wrote:

> How do I create a cursor in psql .
>
> I have a function which opens a cursor .
> SampleDB=# create function reffunc(refcursor) returns refcursor as $$
> SampleDB$# begin
> SampleDB$# open $1 for select col from test;
> SampleDB$# return $1;
> SampleDB$# end;
> SampleDB$# $$ language sql;
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "open" at character 67
> LINE 3: open $1 for select col from test;

In this example the function's language should be plpgsql, not sql.
For more information about returning cursors from a PL/pgSQL function,
see the documentation:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/plpgsql-cursors.html

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

От: Nageshwar Rao
Сообщение: Extracting date from timestamp